The Container Engineer role within Docker Professional Services provides the opportunity to be a part of the fastest growing application platform in the industry and change the world of software development.
By applying your application development and architecture experience you will support and enable successful adoption of the Docker platform by helping our customers to containerize their mission critical applications. You will work collaboratively with our Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Docker.
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Accelerate adoption of Docker Enterprise by performing large scale migration of “traditional” apps to Docker Containers, enabling properties of app modernization using the Docker Platform
- Showcase the value of containerizing traditional apps through direct customer engagements while educating customers on using the Docker Platform to modernize their app supply chain
- Achieve scaled containerization and continuous improvement of application modernization within customer environments using Docker tools, methodologies and practices
- Work remotely with strategic customers, using expertise in application containerization methodologies, to containerize customer application.
- Develop “best practices” for containerizing and modernizing a variety of application platforms
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.)
- 2+ years of application design and development
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: web application development, mobile application development, service-oriented application development
- An understanding of enterprise application architecture best practices with relevant experience building, deploying and/or maintaining business critical apps
- Hands-on development experience with one or more of the following: C#, VB, C
- Experience with .NET frameworks and application stacks
- Familiarity with Windows architecture and tools. Linux familiarity is a plus
- Hands-on experience deploying to private and public cloud infrastructure (VMware, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Strong communication skills. Confident interfacing with subject matter experts and technical audiences
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.