At Docker, the Engineering Services group provides the supporting functions that enable our core engineering teams to deliver enterprise-grade products.
As a Release Engineer on the Tools & Release Team you will play a part in shipping our code to our customers.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Build automated release pipelines that package, test and deploy code
- Support an enterprise product release cycle of many concurrent versions
- Improving and adapting our release processes to changing business needs
- You have spent 2 or more years in a Software Engineering, Release Engineering or a similar role
- You're passionate about CI/CD and shipping world-class software projects
- Docker is part of your daily development workflow
- You like automating things with Bash scripts, Makefiles and possibly Powershell too
- You've worked on Jenkinsfiles and pipelines or have experience with other CI systems
- The Github flow is familiar to you and you like working this way
- Doing low level git operations doesn't scare you
- You've used or are curious about DEB/RPM packaging and hosting Linux package repositories
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures.Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration.As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.