Docker’s partnership with Microsoft enables enterprises to containerize and orchestrate their Windows applications using Docker Enterprise Edition (EE) on modern versions of Windows Server. As a software engineer specializing in Windows, you will be working with engineers and community partners to bring the proven benefits of Docker and container orchestrators to Windows developers and IT Pros. The goal is to help Docker, Inc. provide one platform for the entire application journey around Windows whether organizations are dockerizing legacy apps, moving those apps to microservices, or creating and deploying new applications.
- Contribute to the Docker engine, containerD and container orchestrators like Kubernetes and Swarm to enable building and deployment of Dockerized applications on Windows at scale.
- Interact with Product, Engineering and community to take a feature through architecture, design and implementation
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen
- Be an automation and quality champion by helping with CI and Test Automation Work
- Be an ambassador for the Docker brand
- Proficient in one of the following languages- C/C++, C# or Go
- Real world experience developing user-mode applications and/or kernel mode drivers on Windows
- Familiarity with low level system aspects of Windows around networking stack or storage stack preferred
- Familiar with test-driven development (TDD)
- Start-up experience preferred
- Computer Science degree preferred
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.