You will apply your customer facing sales, technical, consulting, and commercial experience to position, sell, scope, and negotiate services which enable successful adoption of the Docker platform. You will be a key leader within the Professional Services team and work collaboratively with Dockers Sales, Professional Services, and Customer Success organizations to drive services bookings and customer success.
You have extensive experience in customer facing sales, technical and non-technical scoping, Statement of Work (SOW) creation, and negotiation. You have a deep understanding of what it takes to successfully work and collaborate with enterprise software sales teams. You will enable post sales success through clear expectation setting, attention to detail, and thorough sales to delivery handoffs.
This person will be joining the Docker team working remotely anywhere in the Western or Central Regions with travel approximately 30%
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Docker Services are positioned and sold strategically to increase the sale and adoption of the Docker Enterprise Platform
- High customer satisfaction with Docker Services enabled by accurate scoping and expectation management.
- Docker Services bookings and attach rate goals are achieved
- Articulate and sell the value of Docker services within prospective and existing enterprise accounts by mapping customer requirements to the Docker Services portfolio.
- Work closely with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, Solution Architects, and Practice Managers to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Docker proposal. The EM will be the “go to person” for sales team members and customers in the sales cycle.
- Own Professional Services (PS), Proactive Customer Engagement (PCE), and Training and Enablement (T&E) bookings quota in assigned territory.
- Execute PS scoping activity with prospective customers and produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, and resource plans.
- Plan and lead teams of resources involved in scoping professional services for our most complex solutions and the largest customers.
- Interface and negotiate Statement of Work with Customer and Docker legal teams
- Position and sell Training and Technical Account Management services to ensure customer success.
- Work harmoniously with partners on joint proposals and scoping to ensure partner and customer success.
- Being recognized by customer as a trusted advisor in technology adoption and enablement decisions.
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.).
- Maintain and update Docker Services pre-sales assets including presentations, Statements of Work, scoping tools, proposals, pre-sales enablement materials, etc.
- Work on cross-functional teams to create new Docker Services offerings.
- 4+ years experience of selling Professional Services and/or technology solutions.
- 4+ years meeting and exceeded services bookings targets in a services organization.
- 4+ years of experience mastering the SOW/Proposal processes by scoping, producing, and delivering to the customer SOW’s that meet customers documented requirements .
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings.
- Can talk knowledgeably and credibly about service delivery issues, challenges, strategies, approaches, and alternatives.
- Experience as an Architect, Consultant, or Project Manager highly regarded.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premises IT landscape.
- General knowledge of software development languages, tools, and approaches.
- General knowledge of Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools.
- Technical ability to learn Docker at a Consultant level.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Project Management certifications such as PMP and PRINCE2 highly regarded.
- Experience and certification with Agile/Scrum based delivery methodologies highly regarded.
- Experience with the virtualization and cloud services (VMWare, Azure, AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean etc).
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.