The Compensation Manager will be a key contributor to the People Team and be responsible for the development and implementation of Docker’s compensation programs. You will be implementing Docker’s Compensation Strategy to ensure the compensation solutions remain competitive to meet our business and talent needs. You will be responsible for the strategic and operational leadership in compensation strategy and philosophy, processes, policies, program design, implementation and administration. We are seeking someone with a passion for innovation and the desire to partner with cross functional teams and leaders to achieve competitive, sustainable & scalable results.
- Effectively design, implement and manage Docker’s compensation strategy, philosophy, programs, policies and initiatives to position the company to attract and retain top talent
- Lead all compensation and rewards related processes and programs, in partnership with Finance and HR Business Partners where necessary, including compensation and promotion cycles, bonus administration, leveling, equity refresh program, pay decisions, trainings, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Responsible for the strategy, design, development and implementation of market-competitive and efficient base pay, incentive compensation, equity compensation, sales compensation plans, non-executive and executive compensation programs
- Provide expertise and adapt compensation design/approach to align with market trends and business strategy
- Partner with team members to build and develop compensation tools that are optimized for high growth and scalability
- Identify and implement opportunities to simplify and standardize programs and processes. Partners in the design of effective compensation-related communications to managers and employees
- Develop and maintain compensation reporting, metrics and dashboards
- Manage all activity related to published compensation surveys throughout the year and audit survey output, market trends and competitive pay positions
- Research best practices and trends to perform deep analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness, and fairness of existing compensation
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years in the analysis, design and administration of compensation programs
- Exceptional advanced excel skills a must
- Demonstrated global and domestic compensation experience in the following areas: executive compensation, base salary, market pricing, variable pay and performance management, job evaluation, data analysis, research, equity and cost modeling
- Strong analytical rigor, critical thinking, and judgement with the ability to effectively analyze data and create meaningful, understandable reports and metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to independently manage a multifaceted workload in a fluid and high paced environment. Must be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across multiple levels of an organization on key compensation topics; excels at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in compensation philosophies and practices
- Must have experience and working knowledge of compensation and benefit survey systems and processes
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data confidentiality
- Experience in high growth, pre-IPO companies preferred
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.