Security at Docker is not an afterthought. We believe security solutions should be seamlessly integrated and so simple to use they can be enabled by default wherever possible.
As a member of Docker’s security team, you’ll be involved in all security aspects of developing the Docker platform. Whether as an individual contributor, paired programming partner, or advisor, you’ll work closely with all the product development teams at Docker to ensure the company’s product security goals are met.
We’re looking for personable senior engineers with a security mindset. Everyone on the team is expected to be an active contributor to Docker’s products, applying a security lens to both your own code, and the peer code review process.
- Implement secure frameworks, libraries, and services
- Review designs, architectures, and implementation
- Act as a security subject matter expert and evangelist within the company and broader Docker community.
- 5+ years of production experience required
- Obsession with shipping
- Familiarity with some (not necessarily all) topics such as:
- Cryptographic design and implementation
- Kernel exploitation and remediation
- Micro service architectures
- Common crypto protocols (TLS, GPG, SSH, etc...)
- Linux containerization
- Authentication and authorization
- Code signing
- Network security
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in security protocols, design, and threat landscape
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.