At Docker, we think that containers and our ecosystem of services and products are the future, and will soon become ubiquitous.
The main goal for our Distribution Services team is to bring our vast developer user base and our ecosystem partners together by creating a platform marketplace based on Docker. As part of the team, you have the unique opportunity to create and own services that will directly impact millions of end users and the Global 10000.
If you think like an owner, enjoy building and maintaining scalable systems, and want to influence Docker’s product roadmap, you’re in the right place!
We are open to candidates for our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN or to work remotely within the United States.
- Scale the world’s largest container registry, and push the envelope on container security
- Be a key player in product discussions, influence the roadmap and end-user experience, take ownership and responsibility over new projects, and turn those ideas into a reality
- Create a scalable self-service system for ISVs to publish, and distribute trusted and enterprise-ready content
- Push the envelope in owning a sticky platform for all containerized content and contribute to Docker’s Enterprise presence (and success!)
- Provide enterprise users with compliant, commercially supported software from trusted and verified publishers, that is packaged as Docker images
- 5+ years experience working in the enterprise software industry
- B.S. Computer Science degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Solid API design skills (straightforward, unsurprising, defensible)
- Direct experience developing applications at web scale
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (ex. Python, Go, Java, Scala, C)
- Comfortable with test-driven development (TDD) and generally owns quality of code all the way to production
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.