Docker’s partnership with Microsoft enables enterprises to modernize their application environments and create hybrid Windows applications using Commercially Supported Docker Engine (CS Docker Engine) and Docker Enterprise Edition (EE) with Windows Server 2016. This will enable organizations to innovate more rapidly and accelerate time to value when building, shipping and running distributed applications.
With Docker EE, organizations are empowered to deploy a Containers as a Services (CaaS) on-premises or in your virtual private cloud. It includes:
- Universal Control Plane (UCP) with embedded Swarm for integrated management and orchestration of the Docker environment
- Trusted Registry (DTR) for Docker image management, security, and collaboration
- Commercially supported Docker Engine for a robust container runtime
As a senior software engineer on the team, you will be working to bring the proven benefits of Docker on Linux to Windows developers and IT Pros, and to provide one platform for the entire application journey whether organizations are dockerizing legacy apps, moving those apps to microservices, or creating new applications.
- Contribute to the newest Docker projects (specifics to be discussed during the interviews)
- Contribute to “The Docker Project,” which means contributing patches, and reviewing/merging pull requests from the open source community
- Interact with Product and Customers; Lead a small group of engineers through feature design and implementation while getting your hands dirty
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen
- Work on Docker’s server-side applications
- Be an ambassador for the Docker brand
- Can re-articulate past real world experiences developing scalable and complex distributed systems, and search systems on Windows Server
- Solid API design skills (straightforward, unsurprising, defensible)
- Familiar with network protocols; the lower layers like IP, TCP, and UDP; and the higher layers like HTTP
- Familiar with test-driven development (TDD), & service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Start-up experience preferred
- Computer Science degree preferred
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.