Docker is growing very quickly. We need top-notch Infrastructure/Site Reliability Engineers who can help us build and support an array of world-class product and service offerings. The current focus of the team is to strengthen Docker's products by providing feedback based on our experience using Docker in a live production environment. We leverage Docker products and our cloud providers to build self-service infrastructure for our SaaS application teams and Docker Engineering teams in general.
Some of our key principles are:
* Fully automated and self-healing infrastructure
* Infrastructure as code
* Self-service - dev shouldn't be waiting on infra and vice versa
* Zero pages - or as close as we can get
* You build it, you own it. Infra owns infrastructure, dev teams owns their applications, including deployment and pages.
We leverage the following tools and more to build our "Container as a Service" infrastructure:
* AWS and Cloudformation
* Docker EE
What we do and projects we're working on:
* Run the Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) platform powering Docker Hub, Store, and Cloud
* Dogfood pre-release Docker products, providing guidance on the products and architecture
* Building tools to make infrastructure resources self-service for developers within the context of infra-as-code
Some of the best Linux programmers in the world work for us or contribute to our open-source projects regularly. The technology we’re working on is having an ever-expanding impact on how software is developed and distributed. If you’d like to be a part of this historic time in Docker’s growth, please do apply!
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.