Docker Inc. is the company behind The Docker Project: the open platform to build, ship, and run distributed applications. As a system engineer for our core distributed systems, you will work on the underlying components which fulfill clustering and distribution components of the Docker Platform.
- Be an active maintainer of core networking technologies at Docker
- Architect and design next generation container networking stack
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen
- Extremely strong systems programming and design skills
- Nimble learner able to pick up new programming languages quickly
- Solid understanding and experience on Virtual networking
- Hands on experience with Linux Networking
- Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services
- Solid understanding of layer 3 network protocols (especially IPv4 & IPv6)
- Solid understanding of layer 4 network protocols (especially TCP & UDP)
- Experience with firewall configuration (especially iptables)
- Experience with network services such as Service Discovery, Load Balancing
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools.
- Familiarity with container platforms and orchestration
- Familiarity with container networking solutions in Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with tunneling protocols (VXLAN), preferred
- Familiarity with OVS
- Familiarity with secure networking and key management (TLS, PKI, CA)
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.