- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems
- Be an active maintainer of The Docker Project, by contributing Go code to the open-source projects, helping the community contribute, reviewing submissions, and participating in the design decisions
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen
- Fluency in at least one programming language, previous experience with Go is a plus
- Operational experience with container orchestration: SwarmKit, Mesos, Kubernetes, Nomad is a plus.
- Experience developing/operating scalable and complex distributed systems
- Have good API design skills (straightforward, unsurprising, defensible)
- Start-up experience preferred
- Computer Science degree
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.