As Docker’s Engineering Engineering Manager in UK, you will be responsible for growing and leading a team of highly skilled System Engineers. This will include overseeing project development as well as taking responsibilities on the career growth of each team member.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who will be able to foster the growth of a diverse engineering group while driving highly critical technical projects end-to-end. You should be passionate, extremely knowledgeable about system engineering and shipping software securely with a high taste of quality.
- Hire, lead and manage an Engineering team
- Be responsible for the Software Development process
- Work with Product Management to define product requirements and plan the execution plan to meet those requirements
- Interact with Customer Support, Customer Success to empathize with Docker’s customers
- Take responsibilities over people’s happiness, personal growth and performance within the team
- 10+ years as a software engineer with operational experience leading high-performance teams in system engineering
- Excellent communication ability and language skills
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with customers and internal teams to define scope, targets, project plans, and deliverables
- Capacity to navigate between the business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Excellent ability to lead, inspire, and mentor highly skilled engineers
- Computer Science degree preferred
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.