Docker is growing very quickly. We need top-notch Infrastructure Engineers (with a DevOps mentality) who can help us build and support an array of world-class product and service offerings. The current focus of the team is to strengthen Docker's products by providing feedback in a live production environment, while simultaneously leveraging Docker products and our cloud providers to optimize our infrastructure, and support our rapid growth.
Some of the best Linux programmers in the world work for us or contribute to our open-source projects regularly. The technology we’re working on is having an ever-expanding impact on how software is developed and distributed. If you’d like to be a part of this historic time in Docker’s growth, please do apply!
- Coding chops. Docker is a product made by and for developers. It’s important for members of the Infrastructure Team to be competent programmers in order to interact with other engineering groups and for automating system tasks.
- Linux Fundamentals. The more knowledge you have of Linux the better. System calls, iptables rules and kernel features are the shoulders on which the Docker daemon stands.
- Metrics. Experience with open-source solutions like Graphite or hosted solutions like Librato is welcomed with open arms.
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems. We make use of many of these like Postgres, Redis, and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with cloud environments and/or infrastructure as code.
- Networking. It’s what makes the bits go.
- Start-up experience preferred
- Computer Science degree preferred
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee at HQ
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision,401k)
- WageWorks (Pre-tax parking/transit)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team at HQ
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.