Docker, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer to join forces with our Tools, Automation and Release Infrastructure team within the Engineering org. Our mission is to empower the engineers by developing and operating the systems that support software development lifecycles: from CI to release engineering and testing analytics, with a strong focus on quality and automation.
As part of that effort, you will work in a focused, energetic, tactical team thriving on results visible across all of engineering!
- Build tools and infrastructure to ensure Docker is massively scalable and battle hardened
- Be the primary resource developers go to when requesting new tools and release engineering improvements
- Everything you build will be used by developers in the company and running in all stages of the engineering pipeline
- Optimize how we verify and ship our products whether it’s open sourced, commercial, or internal infrastructure
- 5+ years building test tools, automation frameworks and infrastructure
- Strong experience writing robust scripts and code for production
- Fluent in Go, Python, or C (Java/Scala polyglots also welcome).
- Deep knowledge of full-stack infrastructure (building and debugging)
- Experience driving decisions backed by solid metrics and data
- Have a penchant for testing, but are a developer at your core
- Computer Science degree strongly preferred
- Open source project or contribution you can show off strongly preferred
- Start up experience preferred
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft and VMware.