Docker is rated as one of the most popular skills to learn for both developers and operators and we’re looking for a world-class, Europe-based Technical Trainer to join the Docker revolution. The training team is focused on making Docker training essential to our enterprise customers’ success and is looking for an instructor to be the public face of Docker and provide official courses to customers, partners, and new hires. You’ll leverage our in-house curriculum and your background and skills in connecting with audiences and effectively conveying technical complexity to provide amazing learning experiences.
The role may be based remotely within Europe.
Key Outcomes of this Role
- Highly enabled customers, partners, and new hires from attending your course deliveries
- Consistently high learner satisfaction across a variety of classroom audiences (enterprise customers, service partners, and internal new hires)
- Continuously improving curriculum based on training delivery experiences and classroom feedback
- Deliver Docker’s official courses to key enterprise customers and internal audiences including new hire cohorts
- Deliver enablement sessions to new and existing Docker partners using the latest Docker products and course updates
- As available help develop and maintain training content, lab infrastructure, and other course resources
- 4+ years experience as a technical trainer
- Passion for teaching in exercise driven, hands-on formats
- Innovative pedagogical mindset
- Experience with Windows or Linux systems administration
- Understanding of software development processes, or ideally developer experience (Java, C, Python, Node)
- CI/CD experience
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Basic HTML, CSS skills
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and markdown
- Consulting and architecture experience, infrastructure, VMs, IaaS, PaaS, a plus
- Ability to travel within EMEA and Internationally
- Experience with the 4CID methodology a plus
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.