Docker’s Support team is on a mission to delight the million of developers and system administrators that rely on Docker to build, ship, and run their distributed applications. Our customer base spans from individuals to SMBs to large global enterprises. As Docker continues to experience hyper growth, the Docker Support team is setting our sights to find creative ways to scale efficiency while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction.
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class technical support for Docker technologies. These technologies include Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, Universal Control Plane, and Docker Swarm. You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high-level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets). You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
- Become an expert in Docker technologies and customer deployment environments
- Create best-in-class help content and proactively perform audits for our publicly-facing knowledge management system
- Partner cross-functionally with product and solution experts to co-develop reference architecture content
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on critical, highly complex problems that span multiple layers of the technology stack
- Engage with the engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Docker users
- Identify and recommend process improvements to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions in our internal ticketing system
- Have fun!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years technical support experience at a high-growth SaaS technology company
- Extensive experience troubleshooting remote Linux system issues
- Familiarity with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SLES)
- Familiarity with IT automation software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.