Docker is on the fore-front of a new distributed computing paradigm that is radically changing the way enterprises build, ship, and run their applications and operate their software supply chain at scale.
The learning and development of Docker practitioners is essential to our enterprise customers’ success and we’re seeking a Curriculum Researcher to play a key role in defining and formalizing this emerging field of applied computing. You’ll provide robust research into the organization-wide learning needs of our enterprise customers during the full land -> expand lifecycle as Docker takes root and matures in the organization.
Then, you’ll leverage that knowledge to lead the implementation of a continuous evaluation program and associated instruments to provides feedback to the curriculum design and development teams on the quality of Docker’s training products against intended outcomes. The Curriculum Researcher’s main goal is to ensure that our learning products are relevant and effective to our enterprise customer’s organization and teams.
Key Outcomes for this role:
- Docker’s training curriculum is highly relevant to the enterprise customer audience across multiple job roles
- Clear measurements and reporting on the effectiveness of Docker’s training programs and products
- Chart the Docker learning journey and learning needs of customers over time and across their entire organization to map relevant learning objectives by person/role/use-case.
- Aggregate these “learning-maps” across multiple customers to facilitate the formalization of the field of container-based distributed computing
- Collaborate with the broader team on designing appropriate learning assets and topics given a target audience
- Define strategy and roadmap for implementing learning evaluation programs and execute against that roadmap
- Report actionable feedback to the broader training team that enables them to improve the outcomes of their training content and programs
- PhD in Education, Learning Analytics, Social Science, or other qualitative-based action-oriented research degree OR equivalent 7+ years of work experience in customer research, user research or institutional research.
- Clear body of work into the formalization of emerging curriculum, action-based research, education evaluation methods, or learning analytics in the form of academic publications or professional work portfolio.
- Demonstrated application of a variety of qualitative and quantitative research and analytic methods for needs analysis and for evaluation programs.
- Knowledge of IT industry preferred, either software engineering or enterprise IT operations.
- Previous experience in an enterprise IT company, corporate education function, or learning and development for engineers a plus.
- Ability to travel 20% in US and internationally.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.