The Solution Architect for Customer Success initiatives provides the opportunity to change the world of software development for one of the fastest growing application platforms in the industry.
By applying your application development and architecture experience in a Docker environment, you will support and enable successful adoption of the Docker platform, working directly with our top federal, state, local and other government entities. You will work collaboratively with our Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Docker.
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Accelerate adoption of Docker Enterprise by enabling large scale migration of “traditional” apps to Docker Containers while showcasing the properties of app modernization in Docker Enterprise
- Showcase value of containerizing traditional (.NET, Java, etc.) apps through POCs and direct customer engagements while educating customers on using Docker on their path to modernization
- The Docker Enterprise platform are successfully incorporated into the development/deployment environments of federal, state, local and other government customers with on-prem, public cloud and/or hybrid cloud environments
- Early adopter customers become Docker technology advocates and public references
- Equipped and enabled service delivery ecosystem of partners
- Work onsite with strategic, federal, state, local and other government customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish “trusted advisor status”
- Lead proof-of-concepts assisting strategic customers to adapt existing enterprise applications to leverage the Docker Enterprise platform
- Develop best practices for containerizing and modernizing various application platforms
- Present Docker platform strategy, concepts, and roadmap to key stakeholders including application developers, architects and maintainers
- Help enable partners to develop Docker skills through mentorship, training, engagement shadowing etc.
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.)
- 8+ years of consultative customer-facing architecture and post-sales experience
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: web application development, mobile application development, service-oriented application development
- Strong understanding of enterprise application architecture best practices with relevant experience building, deploying and/or maintaining business critical apps
- Hands-on development experience with one ore more of the following: Java, C#, Ruby, nodeJS, Go
- Extensive experience with .NET and Java frameworks and application stacks
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools
- Hands-on experience deploying to private and public cloud infrastructure (VMware, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Outstanding communication skills. Confident presenting to highly influential and technical audiences
- Security clearance is a plus
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.