Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking an experienced Professional Services leader to join our Customer Success organization.
It’s an exciting time to join Docker. We’re growing rapidly--and globally-- and this role is key to the success of our Global 10K enterprise customers.
Within our Professional Services organization, our Solutions Architects provide unparalleled knowledge of Docker platform technologies, as well as expertise on building and operating containerized applications at enterprise scale. As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for all aspects of this business, including recruiting and developing a global team of architects defining and implementing go-to-market offerings and working directly with customers and our partner ecosystem on enablement activities.
Key interfaces and working relationships will include: Docker enterprise customers, Docker service delivery partners, Docker Sales, Marketing, Engineering & Product Management organizations, Docker executive team as well as other Customer Success functions.
The preferred location of this role is San Francisco but other locations will be considered.
Key Metrics for Success:
- Enterprise customers are delighted with their adoption of the Docker platform and achieve their Docker-enabled IT transformation goals
- An equipped and enabled ecosystem of service delivery partners that serves the Global 10K market
- A skilled, experienced, collaborative and energized Docker Solution Architect & TAM team
- A customer feedback loop to Docker Engineering and Product Management that drives continual platform improvement and enhancement
- Partner with our Sales, Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams to develop engagement strategies that achieve successful ‘lands’ and footprint expansion of the Docker platform with Global 10K customers
- Develop innovative ways to support the engagement lifecycle of our G10K customers through high-value service delivery
- Manage a remote and locally-based team of Solution Architects
- Hire, motivate and retain top talent; provide enablement, mentoring and development opportunities for team
- Lead the development of a portfolio of solution architectural offerings that support the adoption of the Docker platform and align with enterprise customer needs
- Enable and support a global ecosystem of Docker service delivery partners, spanning boutique system integrators (SIs) to regional and global SIs
- Implement KPIs for the Solution Architecture team that capture critical areas of performance; analyze and report on performance at regular intervals in an effort to drive continuous improvement
- Define and implement a knowledge management strategy to scale Solution Architecture customer reach
- Partner with Docker Product Management and Engineering leadership to define a feedback process that drives continuous product improvement
- Implement customer satisfaction tracking mechanisms
- Maintain competitive positioning information across service delivery activities.
- Manage all operational aspects of the business including budgets, pricing decisions, project resource allocation and delivery quality
- Provide ultimate accountability for the Solution Architect project scoping, including development of statements of work, service agreement and other contractual terms
Qualifications & Attributes:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- At least 10-15 years of consultative customer-facing architecture and post-sales experience to G10K customers
- Experience in enabling the adoption of disruptive and transformational technologies across enterprise customers
- Successful track record of building and leading a global service-delivery team
- Experience with virtualization and cloud services with a fundamental understanding of key DevOps concepts
- Demonstrated passion for technology, customer experience excellence and enabling innovation at scale
- Experience with customer satisfaction and loyalty tracking and associated data analytics
- Strong presentation and customer-facing skills; ability to build strong relationships with executives, IT Management, and developers alike
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.