Docker’s Support team is on a mission to delight the million of developers and system administrators that rely on Docker to build, ship, and run their distributed applications. Our customer base spans from individuals to SMBs to large global enterprises. As Docker continues to experience hyper growth, the Docker Support team is setting our sights to find creative ways to scale efficiency while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction.
We are seeking an Associate Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class technical support for Docker technologies. These technologies include Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, Universal Control Plane, and Docker Swarm. You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high-level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets). You are a coachable team member with a high drive to learn multiple areas of technology and grow your career. You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
- Become a trusted technical resource in Docker technologies and customer deployment environments
- Create best-in-class help content for our publicly-facing knowledge management system
- Research and test theories to provide meaningful first technical responses to all incoming cases
- Learn and apply troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on critical, highly complex problems that span multiple layers of the technology stack
- Identify and recommend process improvements to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions in our internal ticketing system
- Have fun!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1-2+ years technical support experience
- Experience with Network troubleshooting (bare metal, virtual, cloud)
- Experience with Linux distributions and troubleshooting concepts (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SLES)
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
- Familiarity with DevOps software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Customer Service focused Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with container technologies
- Experience with Windows Server
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.