Docker's growth & analytics team is looking for a data engineer to help transform data generated from the Docker product and services eco-system into actionable insights. You'll be equal parts software engineer, statistician and analyst on the team responsible for managing data pipelines across the organization: finance, customer support, sales, marketing, and engineering; there are endless opportunities for growth. You'll work closely with various teams and business leaders grow adoption of Docker products and services by leveraging data, while helping build a best-in-class data warehouse.
Based in our San Francisco office, the growth team is continually refining our data pipelines to be more scalable, reliable, maintainable, and better integrated with our data ecosystem. In this role you'll help design and implement event ingestion, data models, and ETL processes that support mission-critical reporting and analysis.
You'll work together with other data engineers, analysts, project managers, and subject matter experts to deliver impactful outcomes to the organization. You'll participate in high-visibility projects along with occasional ad hoc questions from your internal customers. As the company grows, ensuring data flows reliably and accurately to business units and systems is a huge and exciting challenge. Come join a fast moving team tasked with making Docker an even smarter, data-driven enterprise.
- Implement and oversee the Redshift and ETL infrastructure
- Maintain the integrity of data within our data pipeline and warehouse
- Ensure quality of data and completeness of event logging across Docker codebase
- Integrate data from 3rd party services such as Marketo and SalesForce
- Develop ETL jobs and tests to process, validate, transport, collate, aggregate, and distribute data
- Transform raw event logs into higher-order tables to make existing analysis easier and new analysis possible
- Champion a data-informed mindset within our culture
- Creating automated reporting of weekly and monthly metrics and ROI for the executive management team and board
- 2+ years experience working in a similar role
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math or Cognitive Science
- Data warehousing concepts (including data model design and query optimization strategies)
- Source system integration
- Creating ETL scripts via SQL/Hive SQL
- Automating business and reporting processes
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee at HQ
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision,401k)
- WageWorks (Pre-tax parking/transit)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team at HQ
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.