Docker is seeking a Senior Director, Strategic Partner Management who can drive and lead us to achieving our strategy, technology, and business goals with key infrastructure partners. Docker is fundamentally changing the way that developers build, ship, and run applications and we are looking for a talented individual who will passionately take these bold messages and drive joint value and close alignment with the partner products and solutions.
The ideal candidate balances partner strategy and business development, additionally bringing a cross-functional understanding of product, sales and marketing strategies. Docker’s open source technology and commercial products are disruptive and only a dynamic personality will successfully guide Docker through the new possibilities that the partnership can achieve. You must be a highly motivated professional who enjoys the fast pace of a dynamic start-up company.
You are a natural at developing executive relationships and working cross functionally with product, sales, marketing, engineering, services, and business development. You have a strong business acumen and a track record of successful partner negotiations, yet not set in your ways. The partnerships you have built have grown to active, mutually beneficial partner relationships.
- Lead Docker’s strategic partner activities with key infrastructure partners to fulfill joint business plan goals
- Ensure alignment of the partner with Docker’s overall strategy
- Build and lead a prioritized business strategy for joint success across Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Services.
- Take charge of executive escalations and drive resolution
- “Connect the dots” between partner and Docker product line strengths/weaknesses and drive the correct resources to address opportunity
- Identify potential product/technology integration opportunities to achieve a “1+1 = 3” result and ensures strong differentiation
- Drive customer success stories and use cases that employ both Docker and partner products
- With the sales team, ensure successful execution of joint Go To Market plans that include messaging, demos, roadshows, case studies, blogs and keynote-level on-stage presence at major industry events. Support sales in efforts at priority accounts
- Prepare and execute a quarterly business revenues (QBR)
- Communicate partners strategic intentions and internal “pulse” within Docker
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of key people in partner’s organization chart
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner executives who can affect necessary changes and drive alignment across their line of business.
- Act as a central point of contact for partner across Docker
- Drive training, sales enablement, solutions definitions, reference architecture, and joint marketing activities
- Suggest and support analysis of key performance indicators and recommend activities to increase overall performance
- Monitor business results and make recommendations that increase success potential
- Have understanding of partner target markets - identify trends and maintain visibility on market data to identify opportunities between partner and Docker.
- Represent Docker at key partner related conferences and events. The ideal candidate must be able to plan and deliver Keynote-level presentations at broad industry events
- 15+ years of experience and partner relationships with large infrastructure hardware/software providers
- Significant sales or product management experience with large or global infrastructure account
- Prior experience in alliance management focused on developing strategic partners
- Excels in managing in managing cross-functional teams, including sales, engineering and customer success
- Ability to build and manage a global and comprehensive account and partner plan
- Prior alliances related experience with one or more of key partnerships
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.