Security at Docker is not an afterthought. We believe security solutions should be seamlessly integrated and so simple to use they can be enabled by default wherever possible.
As a member of Docker’s security team, you’ll be involved in all security aspects of developing the Docker platform. Whether as an individual contributor, paired programming partner, or advisor, you’ll work closely with all the product development teams at Docker to ensure the company’s product security goals are met.
We’re looking for personable senior engineers with a security mindset. Everyone on the team is expected to be an active contributor to Docker’s products, applying a security lens to both your own code, and the peer code review process.
- Implement secure frameworks, libraries, and services
- Review designs, architectures, and implementation
- Act as a security subject matter expert and evangelist within the company and broader Docker community.
- 5+ years of production experience required
- Obsession with shipping.
- Familiarity with some (not necessarily all) topics such as:
- Cryptographic design and implementation
- Kernel exploitation and remediation
- Micro service architectures
- Common crypto protocols (TLS, GPG, SSH, etc...)
- Linux containerization
- Authentication and authorization
- Code signing
- Network security
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in security protocols, design, and threat landscape
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.