Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a top-notch Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to be a key contributor to our Inside Sales Team to help contribute to Docker’s long-term growth. If you want to demo a technology that everyone is talking about, that delivers unique value, and want to provide solutions that transform how your customers delivers value, then Docker is the place for you.
This person will be joining the Docker team in our Raleigh, NC.
You will drive the technical evaluation stage of the overall sales process, you are a critical driver of customer success as containers revolutionize the modern enterprise. In this role, you will be the key technical advisor to the sales team, work very closely with the product management and engineering teams, and serve as a vital product advocate in front of prospects, customers, and the wider Docker and Container communities.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. You will be a key technical advisor to Docker customers as they change the way they Build, Ship and Run their applications.
You will help our customers:
- move past the high-level concepts, understand how Docker fits into their environment, and how to get started.
- transform their development pipelines, automate their infrastructure, and remove friction enabling them to bring new ideas to market quickly.
- serve as an industry expert on technology, people, and process around software development & operating containers at Enterprise scale.
You will also be responsible for the clear articulation of Docker’s technical and product positioning to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders and forging strong relationships with them throughout the sales cycle and beyond.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a strong working relationship with the customer’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through your deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise of Docker and Kubernetes
- Work with the Inside Sales Team to create technical proposals and presentations for customer meetings.
- Initiate and manage multiple proofs of concepts, working directly with the prospect to deliver upon their success criteria.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Sales, Engineering and Product teams.
- 3-5 years of experience with technical sales or any customer facing role of distributed systems, infrastructure software like databases, message queues, SaaS, or Big Data products.
- Familiarity with various Cloud technologies, deployment methodologies,, scaling, performance and sizing of customer environments
- Familiarity with Developer tools, including CI and CD pipelines.
- Development experience a plus (scripting, application development, etc.).
- Significant experience with Linux.
- Windows systems knowledge is always a plus
- Exceptional communication capabilities including a presentation style that addresses a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives.
- Passion for learning new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems,
- Previous experience building solutions with Docker, Kubernetes, etc is preferred.
- CS degree or equivalent preferred.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.