Docker is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing team to play an integral part in accounting close, technical accounting, revenue recognition, financial reporting, and GL operations. You’ll have the ability to think high level about processes and procedures and not be afraid t roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You will own a lot of the revenue process including contract review, engaging with sales ops, and implementing ASC 606 software. In addition, you’ll be heavily involved in technical accounting research and drafting financials. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and control flows, tracking our performance and identifying new opportunities for improvements. This role has high visibility to senior management and has high growth potential as we continue to scale.
- Maintain and update revenue recognition policy and ensure compliance with revenue procedures.
- Perform contract reviews on complex multiple element revenue arrangements to ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606.
- Partner with sales to review and make recommendations to ensure revenue recognition policy is followed and proper accounting treatments are in place prior to order processing.
- Assist in technical accounting matters such as stock-based compensation, debt, investments, leases, and capitalized software in addition to researching new accounting pronouncements and potential impacts to the company.
- Assist in the monthly close process and ensure compliance with monthly close calendar. Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Assist in in the preparation of monthly and annual financials, cash flow statements, footnotes and other schedules.
- Provide supporting documents and assistance for annual financial statement audit.
- Pro-actively seek out process improvements; continuously make recommendations for improvement and implement agreed upon changes.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- Minimum 3+ years of experience, mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of the concepts and application of ASC 606 – Revenue Recognition
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Excellent problem solving skills and high level of attention to detail
- Positive attitude, Independent, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to handle multiple priorities within deadlines
- Ability to collaborate within the team as well as cross functionally
- Passion for Docker and the technology industry
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.