Our sales team is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join the Docker team in our London office. In this role, you'll be responsible for uncovering new sales opportunities within the German speaking territories (DACH)
You'll identify, nurture, and close opportunities with new and existing customers, manage pipeline and forecasts, and sell Docker solutions to our customers.
This position gives you the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Docker team and external partners to identify and create solutions for our customers.
As an Inside Sales Representative at Docker, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. This role is internal and based in the London Office.
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close regarding Docker’s Enterprise Subscription, Integration Services, and Training Services.
- Meet assigned sales quotas, both individually and as a team, as well as periodically assigned MBOs
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow up and outbound calls and emails, developing and creating opportunities as well as effectively building pipeline.
- Work in the Inside Sales Team, collaborating effectively with the Partner Business Managers (PBMs) and the channel, and fulfilling deals through the channel, ensuring successful customer outcomes and subsequent renewals.
- Work collaboratively with the broader regional sales team as well as the rest of the Inside Sales Team.
- Responsible for managing all leads for the region, and routing leads to other team members depending on accounts, complexity and size of the deals
- Fully understand and convey Docker’s value proposition as well as understand the Docker ecosystem.
- Properly document and track all prospect and customer information in Salesforce.com.
- Provide continual cross-departmental input in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities.
- Research accounts, identifying key players and positioning both Dockers point of view and solution set appropriately in the accounts.
- Maximise deal potential and pipeline building, by teaming effectively across the organisation (PBM, marketing, account managers, partners)
- Maintain and expand Docker’s database of prospects within territory
- Provide accurate weekly sales forecasts to leadership team, as measured by forecast accuracy and timing.
- Specific lead responsibility
- Make 30 outbound calls minimum (dials)
- Inbound - thoroughly qualify and develop, passing qualified named account leads to appropriate account manager, and fully managing sales cycle of other leads with partners to closure
- Outbound - for non-named accounts, research account and appropriately position Dockers point of view within account, qualifying and developing any resulting opportunities, and fully managing the sales cycle with partners to closure. For named accounts, work with appropriate account manager on account strategy, developing and positioning a Docker point of view to targeted roles and individuals, and thoroughly qualifying any resulting opportunity
- Deal registration - approve/deny inbound partner deal registration based on whether existing opportunity exists in Salesforce.com, and further qualify working with partner. For named accounts then pass opportunity to account manager introducing them to the partner, for non-named accounts continue to work with the partner on closing the opportunity.
- Territory: DACH
- 2+ years of B2B sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven attainment
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Experience working with and managing channel partners
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Application development sales experience (experience with App Dev Lifecycle, Application Integration, testing, monitoring, or platform offerings) preferred.
- Experience with Linux and virtualization solutions preferred.
- German and English language skills required
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.