Sr. Release Engineer in SF
Docker ships products to run on a variety of operating systems, linux distributions, and hardware architectures. As a Senior Release Engineer on our Engineering Services Team, you will build reliable automation pipelines to bring code in development through the engineering lifecycle to release.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Build automated pipelines to sanity test release binaries.
- Build automated pipelines to push releases to production.
- Maintain the build process to support development cycle through to final GA release.
- Proactive in tackling oncoming problems or providing suitable workaround or stepping stone-step for addressing issues.
- Supporting an enterprise product release cycle of concurrent versions. Adapting the release cycle for Docker's business needs.
- 3 years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- Proficient in scripting with BASH and Makefile.
- Comfortable with git operations for parallel branch development of a common codebase.
- Contributing code to github repositories in a collaborative manner via PRs.
- Familiarity with creating a Jenkins pipeline with Jenkinsfiles.
- Knowledge of building docker images.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience as tech lead of a small team of engineers.
- Experience working effectively with open source technology.
- Experience building golang applications, vendoring golang dependencies.
- Experience with APT and YUM repository management and creating DEB and RPM packages for the major linux distros.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.