Docker is looking for a Product Marketing professional to join the Marketing team. This position will focus on core product marketing functions like messaging, positioning, enablement, content creation, delivery and demand generation for the enterprise product portfolio. From helping shape the strategy to partnering with cross-functional teams for successful execution, this role is critical in driving revenue across target market segments.
This position can be based anywhere on the east coast.
- Define and develop appropriate content, collateral, and programs to grow awareness, educate the market and drive successful end-user engagements.
- Develop positioning, content, and messaging that resonates with different customer personas and communicates the value of Docker enterprise portfolio
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, sales, customer success, demand generation, alliances and channel partners to develop Go-to-Market strategies and deliver successful product launches.
- Competitive analysis, messaging and tools to successfully handle objections in the sales process
- Collaborate with sales to understand the product and solutions sales cycle, motion and barriers to continuously improve and accelerate the sales cycle.
- Develop and deliver sales enablement content and tools to Docker field and partners
- Deliver engaging customer interactions with case studies, interactive events, technical assets and references that drive awareness and help accelerate sales
- Support customer visits, industry and partner events.
- Evangelize Docker enterprise products and customer adoption
- 25% travel
- 5-7 years of experience in product or technical marketing or product management with enterprise software, virtualization, container technology, cloud or distributed applications
- Strong business acumen and ability to distill input from many different perspectives to formulate a clear strategy and plan
- Technical understanding of enterprise applications and infrastructure with the ability to translate technical requirements into business value proposition and benefits
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with public speaking experience
- Self-starter, thoughtful, curious, resourceful and collaborative
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.