The Social Media Manager will work with the broader marketing team to define, build and implement a world-class social media program for Docker, its commercial products and the company’s open source projects. As part of the communications PR team, you will ensure that our social media programs are aligned with larger company communication goals and content strategy. You will also develop and curate social content and assets that contribute to brand awareness, educate the community and elicit support, assert category leadership and generate inbound traffic for both Docker’s open source solutions and commercial products. In this role, you will also monitor and participate in social platforms where Docker should be represented, with an emphasis on increasing awareness amongst influencers on LinkedIn. The Social Media Manager is also responsible for staying abreast of best practices in social media throughout the tech industry, monitoring community activity in social media and developing a reliable measurement of Docker’s social media success.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the company’s social media initiatives, including the development of organic social media content and campaigns that are executed across all social media channels and are optimized within search engines
- Build Docker’s brand and increase our presence, fans and engagement on all our social media networks
- Work with the Director of Corporate Communications on a various communications initiatives as it relates to public relations, social media and analyst relations
- Collaborate with broader Marketing team to
- generate ideas for social events, campaigns, and meetups that meet social media and influencer growth objectives.
- Be the acting community listener for all comments on social networks working closely with the rest of the team to understand and connect with Docker’s social followers
- Recommend topics and engage with the executive team on pertinent topics that they can personally share via social media outlets to humanize the company and build on the brand.
- Monitor social media forums where Docker could be participating and engage with key stakeholders across channels.
- Understand trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy and ensure Docker operating effectively.
- Analyze anecdotal and qualitative data to develop recommendations and plans to evaluate the efficacy of implemented social strategies and for revising social media initiatives
- Lead the development/acquisition of assets (images, videos, copy, photography) for all of social media
- Create and maintain topic query libraries/ listening reports, monitor brand sentiment, and report on thematic campaigns within required timeframes.
- Maintain internal policies, procedures and audit plans for all brand owned social channels.
- Plan, manage and moderate social coverage for large-scale conference event(s) and produce real-time social content for followers on Twitter (live-tweeting)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in marketing or communications
- 4+ years of social media experience with high degree of knowledge promoting social content on LinkedIn desired; previous community relations experience a plus
- Highly engaged and proficient with relevant social media platforms as well as monitoring and publishing tools
- A strong understanding of technology and someone who consistently demonstrates a command of the business and its unique value proposition
- Superior communications, program management and facilitation skills
- Comfortable communicating projects and programs throughout the organization in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of listening/engagement and social CRM platforms (e.g. Simply Measured, Sprout, Bit.ly, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills and experience developing marketing communications
- Driven, entrepreneurial work ethic with a “roll up your sleeves” approach to every task
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) a plus
- Familiarity with SEO principles and social media analytic
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.