As a Solution Architect on the Customer Success team you will be provided the opportunity to change the world of software development for one of the the fastest growing application platforms in the industry!
By applying your Microsoft architecture experience in a Docker environment, you will support and enable successful adoption of the Docker platform, working directly with our our top enterprise customers and partners. You will work collaboratively with our Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Docker. This position provides technical guidance and support through the entire sales cycle with a focus on Microsoft Azure and Windows platforms.
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Docker technologies and the Docker platform are successfully incorporated into the development and deployment environments of customers with Microsoft on-prem, public cloud and/or hybrid cloud environments
- Early adopter customers become Docker technology advocates and public references
- Equipped and enabled service delivery ecosystem of partners
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work onsite with strategic, enterprise class customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish “trusted advisor status”
- Lead proof of concept and pilot implementations of the Docker platform within key customer accounts
- Present Docker platform strategy, concepts and roadmap to technical leaders with the customer’s organization
- Serve as the customer advocate to other Docker teams including Product Development, Sales and Marketing
- Help enable partners to develop service delivery skills through mentorship, training, engagement shadowing etc.
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.)
- 8+ years of consultative customer-facing architecture experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server functionality
- Experience architecting and developing Windows applications (Visual Studio, .NET framework, Windows Server Core/Nano, PowerShell ...etc )
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure / Azure Stack
- Experience with the IaaS, PaaS and cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean etc)
- Familiarity with Linux architecture and tools
- Understanding of key devops concepts and tools (Agile, Microservices, CI/CD etc)
- Experience with key Web, Networking, and Security concepts and technologies (HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.