Join the largest community of developers from around the world and DISCOVER how Docker can make cloud native development easier. LEARN how to find solutions to everyday developer problems. EXCEL your skill set and productivity for you and your team.
DockerCon is a free, immersive online experience complete with demos, breakout learning sessions, panel discussions, hacks, tips, deep dive technical sessions, and more.
Getting Started with Docker
If you need a refresher on Docker, or are a new user, the Getting Started with Docker pre-event workshop is designed to teach you the basics of Docker and how to use it to launch containerized applications. Join us on May 9th at either 7am PDT or at 4pm PDT for this free 3-hour workshop!
Join us on the mainstage
The mainstage kicks off on May 10th with a keynote address by Docker CEO Scott Johnston. Tune in as Scott discusses common developer challenges, Docker technologies, and the innovative strides we’ve made together over the past year — and what’s in store for the future of Docker. Make sure you catch:
- Customer conversations with Brian Jackson, Senior Engineering Manager at Lucasfilm and Kris Rivera, Principal Software Engineer at Rapid7
- Fireside chat between Kelsey Hightower and Scott Johnston on the future of cloud-native development
- Launch of Docker Desktop for Linux (DD4L) with Steph Rifai, Product Manager at Docker
- Demo of Docker Extensions with Amy Bass, Product Manager at Docker
What’s New in Docker Build
Learn how to modernize your development and CI workflows to build container images faster. This session will cover the best new features added to Docker Build in the last year, including new additions to the Dockerfile, how to use Docker Buildx with the latest Moby BuildKit builder engine and more.
Join industry experts and the Docker community for this virtual interactive event.
Up and Running with Java Microservices
Microservices have changed how we build and deploy software. This session will give an introduction to microservices. Then you’ll learn how to build Java-based microservices using Spring Boot and use Docker Compose to spin up the required services for creating microservices.
Join the discussion
- Community Rooms — Are you looking for a place to meet other Docker enthusiasts and learn more about Docker in your language? Join us for community-led panels, talks and workshops in 6 different languages.
- Community Awards — We’re celebrating the Docker Community’s most important members by recognizing the efforts of Docker Captains and Community Leaders. We will also be discussing the Docker Community’s growth, recent accomplishments and how to get more involved.
- Spotify Playlist — We created a Spotify playlist for your listening pleasure at our favorite event of the year (and beyond). Click to listen to our playlist curated by Docker employees, Captains, Community members, and users.
- Mainstage Breaks — Between mainstage sessions listen in as your hosts Kat Speer and Shy Ruparel amplify the conversation with live responses to your call outs on social media with the #dockercon hashtag. Don’t forget to tune in (but not before you practice your riddle skills) for a chance to win free swag!
Docker and Web 3.0
Docker provides a bridge between Web 2.0 and Web 3.0. In this session, learn how to deploy “traditional” Docker applications on decentralized infrastructure, use Docker to create and deploy decentralized applications, and use decentralized infrastructure in conjunction with other tools.
See what our sponsors are sharing
- Running Cloud Native App Development with Kubernetes Containers — Jeff Reed & Richard Seroter, Google
- End-to-End AI Developer Journey with Containerized Assets Using Intel® DevCatalog, Intel® DevCloud, and Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit — Vaghesh Patel, Intel
- Docker and Pyrsia: Securing the Software Supply Chain — Sudhindra Rao, JFrog & Chris Crone, Docker
- Creating Production Ready Containers: What Devs Need to Know to Secure Their Containers — Evan Harris, Slim.Ai
- What is the Best Container Security Workflow for Your Organization? — Fani Bahar & Hadar Mutai, Snyk
- Master the Container Security Model with Sysdig — Guillermo Palacio Oto, Sysdig
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news, blogs, tips, how-to guides, best practices, and more from Docker experts sent directly in your inbox once a month.
0 thoughts on "Special Edition Newsletter: Check out what’s coming to DockerCon!"