The past year has proven to be one of rapid customer growth and traction in the enterprise. The channel is a fundamental part of our achievements to date and we are grateful for all of the dedicated partners involved in taking container technology mainstream. We now have hundreds of the largest enterprises as customers and we look forward to driving even greater adoption in the coming year alongside our partners.
With 2017 coming to an end, here’s a quick look back at channel achievements from this past year:
- Driving partner enablement and success: Our partners have built highly-successful and profitable business models around Docker Enterprise Edition and accelerated their customers’ digital transformation initiatives in doing so. The Docker Partner Program and our recently updated Partner Portal provide partners with the resources, training and the joint selling success stories needed to identify, fulfill and capitalize on strategic enterprise opportunities to build a Docker Practice.
- Setting our partners up to demonstrate immediate ROI: The Modernize Traditional Applications (MTA) program represents a fast and easy way for partners to get customers up and running with Docker. The value for partners: MTA engagements are yielding 10X in Services and 7X in Hardware Drag for every subscription sold – while customers save upwards of 50% through operational efficiencies and infrastructure reduction with Docker Enterprise Edition. This presents a broad opportunity for channel partners to help guide their customers on the modernization journey – one that will continue to grow in 2018 and beyond.
We are pleased to also share that Docker has been recognized by CRN for presenting a lucrative market opportunity and fueling success in the channel throughout 2017:
- CRN Products of the Year: CRN selected Docker Enterprise Edition (EE) as a best-of-breed technological innovation by naming it a 2017 Product of the Year. Most importantly, solution providers acted as judges alongside CRN editors to determine a winning product. Solution providers considered a number of factors in determining their ratings, including product quality and reliability, technical innovation, compatibility and ease of integration, ability to drive revenue, and fulfillment of market and customer.
- CRN Channel Chiefs: Our very own Alan Geary, senior director of channel sales and alliances, was honored for his exceptional work with the channel by being named a 2017 Channel Chief from CRN. The annual list represents top leaders in the IT channel who excel at driving growth and revenue in their organizations through channel partners, while demonstrating dedication to the channel partner community.
- CRN Top 100 Executives of 2017: Coming on board as CEO of Docker in May of this year, Steve Singh has been recognized by CRN as a Top 100 Executive in 2017 and as a Top 25 Disruptor. The list highlights executives that are adept at making big, bold technology bets and then executing on those gambits in the sales trenches – and the Disruptors specifically for being individuals that are revolutionizing the industry by challenging the status quo.
Thank you to all of our partners for being such an important part of the Docker fabric – we look forward to working closely with you to drive even greater business success in the new year. To learn more about how you can grow your business by getting involved with the Docker Partner Program, please visit: https://www.docker.com/partners/partner-program.
Dive deeper with the following resources:
- Apply to be part of the Docker Partner Program
- Read more about Docker Enterprise Edition
- Learn more about Docker’s Modernize Traditional Applications Program